WiFi marketing, are the marketing and communication actions carried out through the free wifi network of a business, in order to obtain specific results, not only in relation to the increase of the database, but also to increase the effectiveness of email marketing, re-targeting, integration into social networks, or for the study of the business.
Technically, WiFi marketing consists of installing a public wireless wifi network that provides coverage to the property and can make use of the wireless Internet to market or promote products or services.
This can be done through a number of different methods, such as using social media, email marketing or even creating a website that markets products or services.
WiFi marketing can be an effective way to reach potential customers, as it allows for a more personal connection than other marketing methods. In addition, turning your WiFi into a source of revenue can be a cost-effective way to reach customers, as it does not require any additional hardware or software other than optimizing your network.
If you have a clear idea of how WiFi marketing can grow your business, you could be missing out on a powerful and highly profitable tool. Stay tuned to read how you can implement it and its benefits.
3 benefits of WiFi marketing
1. You will get to know your users better than you think.
Users will connect to your network through a captive portal, which means that they will use your network for free in exchange for leaving a couple of pieces of information, such as their name, email and phone number.
You will be able to obtain a great quantity and quality of navigation data that will help you to know your potential customers much better, besides making your database bigger, you will know their behavior and you will be able to segment to optimize your marketing campaigns at an impressive level of detail.
2. Monetize your WiFi and turn your network into a new revenue stream.
Industries such as Retail, have managed to monetize their wireless network, we will explain with a simple example: imagine that a shopping center hires a high capacity wireless network that can be used by end users for free. B2B customers will be able to make use of advertising tools such as ads in different formats, whether banners, videos, coupon giveaways, etc. So these brands that have their place in that mall will be able to obtain data from their potential customers and make effective remarketing campaigns, and in the end, everyone wins.
3. Improve the visit time of your users and make them grow.
The best thing about WiFi marketing is that it allows real-time communication with your customer. As soon as he registers, you can guide him to where you want him to go in your store.
The way to do this is to communicate your daily offers, for example. By modifying their behavior in your store and studying how they react to your suggestions, you will be able to adjust your marketing actions in the long term. In the short term, you are more likely to increase sales of the products you want to sell.
Even if they are not physically on site, it is enough for them to register just once for you to create effective mailing campaigns, inviting them to come back and giving them coupons or sending them all your news of interest.
Some statistics that will make you think better about WiFi marketing
According to organizations such as Accenture and iGR:
- 64% of consumers choose a restaurant based on the availability of WiFi services.
- 62% of customers spend more time in-store if WiFi is available.
- Companies that offer free WiFi to boost sales numbers have a 72% success rate.
- 75% of companies say that they consider free WiFi access to be ‘important’ or ‘very important’ to their business today.
- 50% of consumers are comfortable making a large in-store purchase if WiFi access is available.
What to consider when implementing WiFi marketing in your business?
Implementation in most businesses is relatively simple. However, it is important that you keep these elements in mind:
- Internet connection: You must make sure that your connection can reach every point within your establishment where people might want to connect. It should also be strong enough to allow several visitors to surf the Internet at the same time.
- Hardware installation: In order to implement WiFi marketing, you must connect an additional device to the usual router, this device allows the use of a platform called “captive portal”, which is made to manage the Internet connection of the users. For more technical details you can request a free consultation with Beyond Technology experts.
- Implementation of a specialized software: At this point is where you must choose your provider, it is essential that you choose a cloud-based platform that allows you to create ads in different formats, that is self-manageable, allows you to use the branding you want and is multi-language.
Beyond WiFi offers you all that and more, hand in hand with an expert partner like SoCifi, the Beyond Technology team guides you all the way and adds value to your business by transforming it. Request a free demo and convince yourself with the results.